San Francisco Trip
January 11, 2018 @ 9:00AM — January 14, 2018 @ 9:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Celebrate 20 Years of Art Jewelry Forum in San Francisco
Art Jewelry Forum is celebrating our 20 year anniversary in the place it all began: the San Francisco Bay Area.
The San Francisco Bay Area is where many of AJF's original founders are still located. This coming January, we look forward to celebrating with you the amazing legacy they launched in 1997 when they dreamed up Art Jewelry Forum.
In addition to the museums, art and craft fairs, and artist studios we will visit during the trip, we are honored to include the rare opportunity to visit the private collections of both Susan Cummins and Susan Beech. This rare chance to be welcomed into the private homes of two major jewelry collectors and supporters of Art Jewelry Forum is not to be missed.
AJF is offering two ways to participate: a four-day trip and a single-day event. Please see below for details and only register for one of the two.
OPTION 1 -- SAN FRANCISCO FOUR-DAY TRIP
If you've participated in an AJF trip before, you know they are non-stop jewelry and art viewing excitement. The four-day trip will include:
- VIP passes to the FOG Art and Design Fair and the UNTITLED Contemporary Art Fair
- Special tours of the Museum of Craft and Design and the DeYoung Museum
- Visits to artist studios including: Raissa Bump, Deborah Lozier, Julia Turner, Petra Class, and more
- Visits to jewelry galleries and/or pop up events: Sienna Patti, DeNovo, Shibumi Gallery
- A visit to California College of the Arts, with a student presentation
- A mini-symposium to honor 20 years of Art Jewelry Forum and celebrate the founders
- AND, most importantly, tours of the private collections and homes of Susan Cummins and Susan Beech
Our hotel and daily meeting point will be the Loews Regency Hotel, located at 222 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94104. AJF has reserved a block of rooms through Joanne Socha at firstname.lastname@example.org so be sure to contact her directly to make your reservations. She is also available to assist you with any other travel needs. It is not required that you stay at the Loews Regency Hotel to participate in the trip, but we will meet at their address each morning to board the bus.
The four-day trip starts at 9am on Thursday, January 11, 2018. The registration fee includes ground transportation, four lunches, four dinners, and all museum and fair entry fees. The hotel cost is not included in the registration fee. A $400 nonrefundable donation is included in the cost of the trip.
You must be a current AJF member at the GOLD, TITANIUM, or STARDUST level ($500+ or above) to attend this trip. To see your current membership level, please visit AJF's member wall. To become a member, renew, or increase your level of membership, go to Join. If you have any questions regarding your membership, contact Rebekah at email@example.com.
OPTION 2 -- SAN FRANCISCO SINGLE-DAY EVENT
During this trip, AJF is offering a single-day event on Saturday, January 13, to allow more AJF members to participate in the viewing of the private collections and to join AJF for a celebratory dinner and toast.
The single-day event will include:
- Tours of the private collections of Susan Cummins and Susan Beech
- VIP Pass to the FOG Art and Design Fair
- Reserved seat at the mini-symposium on Sunday January 14 from 10:00am-12:00pm
The single-day event starts at 10am on Saturday, January 13, 2018. The registration fee includes ground transportation, lunch, dinner, and the fair entry fee. The hotel cost is not included in the registration fee. A $100 nonrefundable donation is included in the cost of the trip.
You must be a current AJF member at the BRONZE level ($120+ or above) to attend this event. To see your current membership level, please visit AJF's member wall. To become a member, renew, or increase your level of membership, go to Join. If you have any questions regarding your membership, contact Rebekah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BONUS -- MINI-SYMPOSIUM
AJF is hosting a mini-symposium at Nahl Hall on the California College of the Arts campus. Your seat at the mini-symposium will be guaranteed with your registration for both the four-day trip and the single-day event.
- LOCATION: Nahl Hall on CCA Oakland Campus, 5212 Broadway Avenue, Oakland, CA
- DATE: Sunday, January 14, 2017
- TIME: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- AGENDA: A panel discussion about Susan Cummins' and Susan Beech's private jewelry collections followed by a short history of AJF
- COST: Included in the trip or event registration